Work With Us
Meadows School is a successful Non-Maintained day and residential special school run by Barnardo's. Meadows School works with students aged 7-19. There is a Junior Campus (in Tunbridge Wells) for 7-11 year old students. Students aged 11-16 are on the main campus and the post-16 provision (students aged 16-19) is also on the main site some 400m from the main school. All students have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) for Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs. The main campus is sited in Southborough between the towns of Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells.
Learning Support Assistants
We are now recruiting to expand our fantastic team of Learning Support Assistants. We are looking for permanent members of staff, staff on fixed term contracts and also 'As and When' staff who work more flexibly. These different contracts need to be applied for separately on Barnardo's website. The closing date is 21/03/2021
Permanent - please click here
Fixed Term - please click here
'As and When' - please click here
ENGAGE – ENRICH – EMPOWER
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANTS
PERMANENT, FIXED TERM AND ‘AS AND WHEN’
SALARY – BARNARDO’S W14A (£16,706 -£18,775)
LSA ALLOWANCE (£1264 P.A.)
PRO-RATA FOR 39 WEEKS PER YEAR
STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Meadows School is seeking enthusiastic and dynamic Learning Support Assistants to join our very capable team. You could be asked to work anywhere across the school from Key Stage 2 – 5 supporting teaching in the classroom.
- A flexible approach combined with patience, tolerance, stamina and humour
- Experience of working with/willingness to work with young people with challenging behaviours
- Physical and mental resilience
- A willingness to undertake to undertake further training
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Able to communicate well with students and adults
- Small class sizes
- Free fantastic school lunches and free on-site parking
- Excellent opportunities for relevant CPD
- Regular training provided
- Supportive staff team
- Pension scheme
- Barnardo’s Benefits Portal
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Recognition and reward
Hub Outreach Tutors (UQT Scales)
Salary Scale – UQT Scale plus SEN allowance (£2270)
Start date: As soon as possible
We are looking to recruit 2 x full-time outreach unqualified teachers for our ‘Hub’ provision;
- Who are able to adopt a flexible, pro-active and solution focussed approach in teaching both challenging and vulnerable students.
- Who are trauma-informed practitioners
- Who will need to have passion for making a difference to the education and lives of the young people within the school and in building positive and supportive relationships
- Who are team players, resilient and motivated by challenge and have the ability to think creatively
- Who will need to be willing to work to Barnardo’s Basis and Values
- Who are willing to work both on and off-site (South East England). A full clean driving license is essential and ability to drive all school vehicles.
- Who can work collaboratively with students and their families, colleagues and other external agencies
- Who demonstrate excellent communication skills when writing reports and attending professionals meetings
You will need to be an inspiring practitioner who is able to deliver a pastoral role as well as a differentiated curriculum to students who are disengaged, with depressed literacy and numeracy skills and low self-esteem. You would need to be physically and mentally fit and resilient and able to conduct TCI (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention) holds and physical restraints, once fully trained. You will work within a dedicated team where a proactive and flexible approach is required. The maximum number of students on roll is 90, split over 4 key-stages.
Benefits of working for Meadows School;
- Small class sizes with high staff: student ratios
- Flexibility in curriculum design to meet student need
- Extensive CPD opportunities and in-house training programmes
- Free school lunches
- Free on-site parking
- Discretionary sick pay scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (health and wellbeing)
- Staff Benefits platform
For further information on Meadows School in the first instance please consult the school website at: www.barnardos.org.uk/meadowsschool or contact Meadows School on 01892 529144 or via email at email@example.com . Visits to the school are encouraged.
To apply for these roles please click here
CLOSING DATE IS: 18/04/2021
Meadows School is a successful non-maintained day and residential special school (for 7-19 year olds) on a main campus and off-site junior provision run by Barnardo’s, providing education for pupils with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties; Autistic Spectrum Conditions, Speech and Language difficulties and associated learning difficulties.
It is imperative that you have the passion for making a difference to the education and lives of the young people within the school and in building positive and supportive relationships. You should be a team player, resilient and motivated by challenge and have the ability to think creatively. You will need to be willing to work to Barnardo’s Basis and Values.
You may be required to work anywhere within Meadows School (across Key Stage 2-5, preferences will be considered).
For further information on Meadows School in the first instance please consult the school website at: www.meadowsschool.org.uk or contact Lorna Chislett (Senior LSA) on 01892 529144. Virtual discussions are encouraged.
Salary and leave
- Salary is paid in arrears in 12 equal instalments on the 23rd of each month. Salaries are normally reviewed annually.
- Pension Scheme: Barnardo’s offers a 4% or 6% matched contribution to our Group Personal Pension. For those that pay into the pension they will be provided with death in service cover of 4 times annual earnings.
- Enhanced maternity pay for eligible employees at 50% of weekly pay for 12 weeks, plus 39 weeks’ Statutory Maternity Pay. The right to take up to 52 weeks maternity leave is available to all pregnant employees.
- Enhanced adoption pay for eligible employees at 50% of weekly pay for 12 weeks, plus 39 weeks’ Statutory Adoption Pay. The right to take up to 52 weeks leave is available to employees adopting a child.
- Fostering Leave: up to 52 weeks for new foster parents fostering on a long term basis and fostering pay for eligible employees.
- Support Leave: 2 weeks’ leave for partners to be taken on or around the time of birth/adoption/fostering. Parental Leave: eligible employees are entitled to 18 weeks unpaid leave to be taken by the child’s 18th birthday
- Shared Parental Leave: eligible employees can share up to a maximum of 50 weeks leave and 37 weeks’ pay following the birth/adoption of child.
- Sickness Absence: Barnardo’s is required to make statutory sickness payments (SSP) where staff qualify. We also have our own discretionary sick pay scheme, including full pay for a period subject to certain conditions.
- Work life balance - Barnardo’s offers a number of policies to help employees achieve a greater work life balance including flexible working.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP): is a health and wellbeing benefit available to Barnardo’s employees. It offers access to a variety of confidential services including telephone and online counselling and legal and financial information services.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: buy a bike and/or safety equipment up to £1,000 on a tax efficient basis for the purpose of going to and from work.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion: We have four networks (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, Disability, LGBT and Women) which are open to all and provide support to those that identify with them.
- There are more than 5000 discounts and deals to be found on our staff benefits platform, including discount cinema tickets and reloadable store cards.
- Barnardo’s Shops offer employees a 20% discount
- Choice Discount Stores: 10% off all merchandise
- Merlin Entertainments: big discounts available e.g. Alton Towers, Legoland
- Discount holidays and breaks at locations across the UK
- Hotel accommodation: stay at a number of hotels in UK at a discount rate
Job vacancies are advertised on Barnardo's website - to view the latest vacancies please look here.
Online applications must be completed for all roles.
Barnardo's Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Our safer recruitment processes mean that the safety and welfare of the child is paramount at every stage of the process and therefore we adopt rigorous scrutiny in our pre-employment checking. Applicants must be willing to undergo relevant pre-employment checks, including references being taken up prior to interview and for the successful candidate, an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance.
As part of your application, you will need to provide full details of your employment since leaving secondary education, starting with your current or most recent employment first and then by working backwards, including reasons for leaving. Please also include any periods of voluntary work and/or training, providing reasons for any periods not in employment, education or training.
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and male candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.