The role of the governing body is to provide strong strategic leadership and support to Meadows School in partnership with Barnardo's and the school's leaders. We ensure that Meadows School meets the changing needs of students, parents and carers, local authorities and legislation. Within this, our specific aims are to:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Hold executive leaders to account for educational and pastoral performance;
- Monitor financial performance.
Governors welcome recent positive developments at Meadows, including:
- Introduction of a single systematic synthetic phonics programme to support early reading, closing reading gaps, raising reading ages and increasing accessibility to the curriculum;
- Balancing a strong core curriculum with a range of enrichment activities;
- Working with local colleges and educational providers to broaden the offer to Sixth Form students;
- Building on remote learning methods to enable a blended learning approach;
- Strengthening the Hub and outreach activities to support increased attendance;
- Continued development of strong therapeutic facilities and interventions.
We look forward to the continuing success of Meadows School.
Communication for the Governors in the first instance should go to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact this email address if you would be interested in becoming a Governor at Meadows School.
|Chair of Governors||Priscilla Hother|
|Community Governor||Jane Court|
|Community Governor||Ivan Sharpe|
|Community Governor||David Tasker|
|Community Governor||Karen Ellis|
|Community Governor||Susan Acott|
|Community Governor||Terry Prendergast|
|Parent Governor||Ruth Jennings|
|Staff Governor||Dorothea Schulz|
|Staff Governor||Seb Harrison|
|Clerk to the Governors||Trevor Brittain|
Meeting dates for 2023-24 school year:
- Thursday 28th September 2023 - Committee meeting
- Thursday 30th November 2023 - Full Governing Body (FGB)
- Thursday 18th January 2024 - Committee meeting
- Thursday 21st March 2024 - Full Governing Body (FGB)
- Thursday 16th May 2024 - Committee meeting
- Thursday 4th July 2024 - Full Governing Body (FGB)