September 2021 - Arrangements in School
Arrangements for students - September 2021
COVID-19 has had a significant impact on all schools since March 2020 and will continue to need measures in place to manage the health and safety of all.
We appreciate that students, parents and carers may still feel concerned or have questions about the return to school in Autumn 2021. We encourage you to contact the school directly on 01892 529144 or via email@example.com for any further information.
- Students and staff are required to regularly wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser which is provided throughout the school.
- Windows will be opened in all occupied areas to allow the through flow of air to reduce possible transmission of Covid-19 and regular cleaning regimes remain in place.
- Lateral flow tests are being provided on site for the first 10 days of Term 1. Following this, lateral flow test kits will be available for students to undertake twice per week at home where their parents/carers have requested them. Results need to be uploaded as per the Government instructions and parents/carers should inform the school of results.
- If a young person displays any of the following symptoms then the student should NOT attend school and instead be booked in for a PCR test;
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- Individuals are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with Covid-19, or are a close contact of someone with Covid-19 and any of the following apply;
- they are fully vaccinated
- they are below the age of 18 years and 6 months
- they have taken part in or are currently part of an approved Covid-19 vaccination trial
- they are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons
Instead, they will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace, informed they have been in close contact with a positive case and be advised to take a PCR test.
- Students aged 12-15 will be offered the vaccines in schools on a rolling programme. We will inform parents and carers directly when we have information on dates/times etc. Information for young people on the vaccines can be found HERE
Guidance is available for your information:
Department for Education coronavirus helpline
The Department for Education coronavirus helpline is available to answer questions about COVID-19 relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday), 10am to 4pm (Saturday to Sunday)
Please note, we are currently experiencing high volumes of calls. We appreciate your patience at this time and apologise for any wait that you may experience. To ensure that we answer your calls as quickly as possible, we have now extended our opening hours to cover weekends and are increasing the number of call handlers available to answer your calls.