Work With Us
Meadows School is a successful non-maintained day special school run by Barnardo's. Meadows School works with students aged 7-19. There is a Primary Campus (in Tunbridge Wells) for 7-11 year old students. Students aged 11-16 are on the main campus and the post-16 provision (students aged 16-19) is also on the main site some 400m from the main school. All students have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) for Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs. The main campus is sited in Southborough between the towns of Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells.
PERMANENT FULL-TIME (52 WEEKS) - W18A (£18,220 - £21,316)
STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30/07/2021
Meadows School is seeking a capable and flexible Administration Assistant to join our very capable administration team. You could be asked to work anywhere across the school from Key Stage 2 – 5 through providing accurate, timely and efficient administration support.
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative.
- Substantial experience of IT systems including the use of word, Excel and database systems.
- Experience of general office procedures.
- Able to model required behaviours.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and work within data protection guidelines.
- Able to prioritise own workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Small class sizes
- Free fantastic school lunches and free on-site parking
- Excellent opportunities for relevant CPD
- Regular training provided
- Supportive staff team
- Pension scheme
- Barnardo's Benefits Portal
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Recognition and reward
It is imperative that you have the passion for making a difference to the education and lives of the young people within the school and in building positive and supportive relationships. You should be a team player, resilient and motivated by challenge and have the ability to think creatively. You will need to be willing to work to Barnardo's Basis and Values.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document (if applicable). This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described. Please ensure you complete the application form as FULLY as possible.
To visit Barnardo's Careers and apply, please click here
Meadows School provides excellent opportunities for all staff to gain new skills and develop professionally.
- 'Buddy' system for new starter staff
- Free fantastic lunches
- Free on-site parking
- Ongoing regular CPD and opportunities for progression
- Supportive, friendly staff team
- Small class sizes
- Teaching staff can be part of the Teacher Pension Scheme
Salary and leave
- Salary is paid in arrears in 12 equal instalments on the 23rd of each month. Salaries are normally reviewed annually.
- Pension Scheme: Barnardo’s offers a 4% or 6% matched contribution to our Group Personal Pension. For those that pay into the pension they will be provided with death in service cover of 4 times annual earnings.
- Enhanced maternity pay for eligible employees at 50% of weekly pay for 12 weeks, plus 39 weeks’ Statutory Maternity Pay. The right to take up to 52 weeks maternity leave is available to all pregnant employees.
- Enhanced adoption pay for eligible employees at 50% of weekly pay for 12 weeks, plus 39 weeks’ Statutory Adoption Pay. The right to take up to 52 weeks leave is available to employees adopting a child.
- Fostering Leave: up to 52 weeks for new foster parents fostering on a long term basis and fostering pay for eligible employees.
- Support Leave: 2 weeks’ leave for partners to be taken on or around the time of birth/adoption/fostering. Parental Leave: eligible employees are entitled to 18 weeks unpaid leave to be taken by the child’s 18th birthday
- Shared Parental Leave: eligible employees can share up to a maximum of 50 weeks leave and 37 weeks’ pay following the birth/adoption of child.
- Sickness Absence: Barnardo’s is required to make statutory sickness payments (SSP) where staff qualify. We also have our own discretionary sick pay scheme, including full pay for a period subject to certain conditions.
- Work-life balance - Barnardo’s offers a number of policies to help employees achieve a greater work-life balance including flexible working.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP): is a health and wellbeing benefit available to Barnardo’s employees. It offers access to a variety of confidential services including telephone and online counselling and legal and financial information services.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: buy a bike and/or safety equipment up to £1,000 on a tax efficient basis for the purpose of going to and from work.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion: We have four networks (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, Disability, LGBT and Women) which are open to all and provide support to those that identify with them.
- There are more than 5000 discounts and deals to be found on our staff benefits platform, including discount cinema tickets and reloadable store cards.
- Barnardo’s Shops offer employees a 20% discount
- Choice Discount Stores: 10% off all merchandise
- Merlin Entertainments: big discounts available e.g. Alton Towers, Legoland
- Discount holidays and breaks at locations across the UK
- Hotel accommodation: stay at a number of hotels in UK at a discount rate
Job vacancies are advertised on Barnardo's website - to view the latest vacancies please look here.
Online applications must be completed for all roles.
Barnardo's Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Our safer recruitment processes mean that the safety and welfare of the child is paramount at every stage of the process, and therefore we adopt rigorous scrutiny in our pre-employment checking. Applicants must be willing to undergo relevant pre-employment checks, including references being taken up prior to interview and for the successful candidate, an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance.
As part of your application, you will need to provide full details of your employment since leaving secondary education, starting with your current or most recent employment first and then by working backwards, including reasons for leaving. Please also include any periods of voluntary work and/or training, providing reasons for any periods not in employment, education or training.
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and male candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.